Positive, friendly and respectful.
Accomplished full-stack designer with 18 years experience in graphic, brand design, interaction, web/mobile UI/UX design, including eight years in the leadership positions for corporate and start-up companies. Successfully launched products such as Apps, websites, and online Ads with in-house design teams and outsourced agencies.
UI/UX Designer, 2018 - Now
- Redesigned Razer Cortex Games (Cortex Mobile App) with Featured cards, Library posters and Analyzer. Enabled the true Mobile Gaming Lifestyle for gamers, by creating contextual interactive experiences
- Delivered the whole customized OS design for Razer Phone 3.
- Created Razer Mobile Visual Guide for in-house design teams and outsourced agencies
In My Show, USA
Experience Designer, 2017 - 2018
- Designed and delivered responsive Websites, Apps for direct clients
- Supervised Arts, Visuals and VIS for clients by working with the design team
- Created high quality short videos as a seed user for client Apps
CEO, 2011 - 2012
- Increased page views by 50%; reduced losses by 35%
- Restructured complicated product lines into new three categories: Showcase, Personal Service, and Company Service
- Launched the MOKO iPhone app, with over 20,000 global downloads in a month
- Created MOKO TOP GIRL show Season 5 in 2012, by cooperating with top media companies such as Sina, QQ, Trends Group, Dentsu, and Docomo, with 120K+ applicants in China, Korea and Japan. Three final winners successfully started their career in the show business.
Creative Director, 2010 - 2011
- Supervised all visual design teams working on MOKO UI, video and photography, marketing events, and branding
- Led the MOKO iPhone app project
- Delivered featured video projects with daxpix, the MOKO NEW FACE, promote the new artists
Founder, 2009 - 2014
- Founded daxpix and succeeded in making it a famous brand by publishing three inspirational photo books in
Hong Kong, Taiwan, Japan and Singapore. “The Winner Takes All”, “Brave Art” and “Dreaming”
- Developed and launched the platform daxpix.com in 2009, which works on major desktop browsers, tablets and smart phones
- Partnered with top fashion magazines such as GQ, Esquire, Men's Health, FIGARO, and MOKO for photo and video productions
- Created the digital daxpix Photo Magazine, produced short interactive films
Senior UX Manager, 2007 - 2009
- Successfully created Baidu’s youa.com VI System
- Successfully launched the UI/UX System of youa.com as the design team lead
- Enhanced promotion plans, by coordinating with the operation team and leading the design team
- Led the brand’s character design for Baidu Messenger
Design Manager, 2006 - 2007
- Supervised in-house design teams as well as outsource agencies such as Ogilvy, Dentsu, etc.
- Developed and executed plans for Sina Corporate Branding Improvement, Sinaman Improvement, and Sina Corporate VI System Improvement
- Produced ad products for the sales team, working with brands such as HP, Canon, Motorola, Nike, Apple, etc.
- Gave presentations for agencies and customers, successfully organizing and hosting the Microsoft D4 Design Event
- Developed quarterly and annual reports and plans
Senior UI Designer, 2004 - 2006
- Founded and led the SinaDOT design team
- Successfully launched Sina Web Products such as Sina Pix-Viewer and Sina Scratch
- Invited to speak at the “Creative at Sina” conference, sharing information from User Friendly 2005
- Coordinated between the design team and related departments such as Sina UC Messaging, Sina Wireless and Marketing to streamline communication and ensure that projects were carried out correctly and efficiently
Web Designer, 2002 - 2004
- Served as the planner and lead designer for the “Official Website of Zhang Zi Yi” project, earned recognition from Miss Zhang Zi Yi, her manager and her fans
- Assigned as sole graphic designer for the two-year project “Canon Baby Picturing Contest” and gained great customer satisfaction and loyalty
- Delivered professional website designs and web ad designs
AWARDS AND HONORS
- Spring Show, Academy of Art University, 2015
- Featured Judge, Cool Guy Contest by Men’s Health, 2012
- Featured Judge, Oriental China Photography Contest by Getty Images, 2011
- Organized and hosted the 4th session of D4 Events, Microsoft, 2006
- Annual Best Creative Awards, Sina, 2006
- Participated in and inspired by “Love Brand” event by Shenan Chuang, CEO of Ogilvy Greater China, 2005
- Annual Best Designer, Sina, 2005
- User Friendly 2015 Conference, Shanghai, China, 2005
- Sales Support Staff of the Year, Sina, 2004
- Annual Best Designer, Sina, 2003
- “Dax Liu, Up Close and Personal” by Blued & CRN, 2015
- “The Young Pioneer” by Modern Weekly, 2010
- “From Entrepreneur to The Business Elite” by Esquire, 2009
- “Dax Liu, The Most Loved Brand - Apple” by Metropolis, 2009
- “Dialogue with Design Elite” by Mr. Modern, 2009
- Interviewed by The China Central People’s Broadcasting Radio Station, as an expert Apple user discussing the grand opening event of the first Apple Store in Sanlitun, Beijing China, Jul 19, 2008
- Three photo books published in Hong Kong, Taiwan, Singapore and Japan. By December 2015, over 20,000 copies sold.
- Dreaming, 2015. A fighting between a man and his ego, turned out all the scenes and stories only happened in his hallucinations.
- Bravart, 2013. A boy with “bravery” and “art” in his name, showing his courage to life, with beautiful photo arts.
- The Winner Takes All, 2011. A five year’s motivational photo story of the actor and the former athlete, Wang Wei. Who once broke his legs but never gave up on himself, fought back and became the person that he dreamed to become.
- Desktop to mobile UI/UX Design, Sketching, Wire framing and Prototyping
- Photography, videography and the post-productions
- Adobe Creative Cloud / Apple Keynote
- Sketch, Origami, Keynote, InVision as protoyping tools
- Mandarin Chinese (Native), English (Business Fluent)
- Academy of Art University, MFA Web Design and New Media. - 2017
- Lu Dong University, School of Design, BA Graphic Design. - 2002