Positive, confident, friendly and respectful.
I love new adventures and fresh challenges. With 12 years of experience at UX/UI Design, including 7 as a design team lead, 5 in interaction and brand design, 5 with start-ups,
and one in overall company management, I am capable of working independently, and as a team lead. I am proficient in Mandarin and English, having experience in both languages.
- Founded daxpix and succeeded in making it a famous brand by publishing three inspirational photo books “The Winner Takes All”, “Brave Art” and “Dreaming”
- Developed and launched the website www.daxpix.com in 2009, compatible with major desktop / portable devices
- Partnered with top fashion magazines such as GQ, Esquire, Men's Health, FIGARO, and MOKO for photo shoots and video interviews
- Created the digital daxpix Photo Magazine, developed short films and video interviews
- Increased page views by 50%; reduced losses by 35%
- Restructured complicated product lines into new three categories: Showcase, Personal Service, and Company Service
- Launched the MOKO iPhone app, with over 20,000 global downloads in a month
- Created MOKO TOP GIRL show S5 by
cooperating with top media companies such as Sina, QQ, Trends Group, Dentsu, and Docomo
Creative Director, 2010-2011
- Supervised all visual design teams working on UI, marketing and events, branding, video and photography
- Led the MOKO iPhone app project
- Delivered featured video projects, such as the MOKO NEW FACE video promotions
Senior UX Manager, 2007-2009
- Created Baidu’s youa.com VI System
- Served as design team lead for the UI design of youa.com
- Enhanced promotion plans, coordinating with operations and leading the overall design team
- Led the brand’s character design for messengers, web icons and promotional videos
Design Manager, 2006-2007
- Supervised sales and marketing design teams as well as outside advertising agencies such as Ogilvy, Dentsu, etc.
- Developed and executed plans for Sina Corporate Branding Improvement, Sinaman Image Improvement, and Sina Corporate VI System Improvement
- Produced the web ad demos for the sales team, working with brands such as HP, Canon, Motorola, Nike, Apple, etc.
- Gave presentations for agencies and customers, successfully organizing and hosting the D4 Beijing/China Designing Club
- Developed quarterly and annual reports and plans
Senior UI Designer, 2004-2006
- Founded and led the SinaDOT design team
- Co-designed web products, successfully launched Sina Pix-viewer and Sina Scratch
- Invited to speak at the “Creative at Sina” conference, conducted an information sharing presentation from User Friendly 05
- Coordinated between the design team and related departments, such as Wireless, the Sina UC, and Marketing to streamline communication and ensure that projects were carried out correctly and efficiently
Web Designer, 2002-2004
- Served as the planner and lead designer for the “Official Website of Zhang Zi Yi” earned recognition from Zhang Zi Yi and her fans
- Assigned as sole graphic designer for the two-year project “Canon Baby Picturing Contest”, and gained great customer loyalty based on my outstanding performance
- Delivered professional website designs and web ad designs.
- Adobe Creative Cloud Suite (Photoshop, Experience Design, Lightroom, Illustrator, InDesign, Premiere, After Effects)
- Sketch, Flinto, InVision as protoyping tools
- Apple Keynote, Aperture, iMovie, iBook Author
- Photography, videography and post-productions
AWARDS AND HONORS
- Spring Show, Academy of Art University, 2015
- Featured Judge, Cool Guy Contest by Men’s Health China, 2012
- Featured Judge, Oriental China Photography Contest by Getty Images China, 2011
- Organized and hosted the 4th session of D4 Events, Microsoft, 2006
- Annual Best Creative Awards, Sina, 2006
- Participated in and inspired by “Love Brand” event by Shenan Chuang, CEO of Ogilvy Greater China, 2005
- Annual Best Designer, Sina, 2005
- User Friendly 2015 Conference, Shanghai, China, 2005
- Sales Support Staff of the Year, Sina, 2004
- Annual Best Designer, Sina, 2003
- Academy of Art University, MFA Web Design and New Media. - 2017
- Lu Dong University, School of Design, BA Graphic Design. - 2002
- Mandarin Chinese (Native)
- English (Business Fluent)
- Japanese (Basic)
- “Dax Liu, Up Close and Personal” by Blued & CRN, 2015
- “The Young Pioneer” by Modern Weekly, 2010
- “From Entrepreneur to The Business Elite” by Esquire, 2009
- “Dax Liu, The Most Loved Brand - Apple” by Metropolis, 2009
- “Dialogue with Design Elite” by Mr. Modern, 2009
- Interviewed by The China Central People’s Broadcasting Radio Station, as an expert Apple user discussing the grand opening event of the first Apple Store in Sanlitun, Beijing China, Jul 19, 2008
- Three photo books published in Hong Kong, Taiwan, Singapore and Japan. By December 2015, over 20,000 copies sold.
- Dreaming, 2015. A fighting between a man and his ego, but all the stories only happened in his hallucination.
- Bravart, 2013. A boy with “bravery” and “art” in his name, showing his courage to life, with beautiful photo arts.
- The Winner Takes All, 2011. A five year’s motivational photo story of the actor and the former athlete, Wang Wei.